U4 Mixed Recreational DivisionU4 Mixed Recreational Division is for players born in 2019 & 2020
New Look to U4 & U6 Divisions
We are very excited to announce our U4 and U6 house league soccer divisions will look a little different this season.
It is a once-a-week program, which teaches our youngest players general ball control, motor skill development, hand-eye coordination and introduces them to small-sided play.
There will be FUN activities with a ball led by our energetic Game Leaders, with assistance from parent coaches for the first 15-20 minutes followed by a 20 minute scrimmage/game. This program is designed to ensure all players have fun and fall in love with the beautiful game of soccer and start to get comfortable participating each week independently.
U4 Mixed Program Details
- 9 week season – starting Saturday May 27, 2023
- Players born in 2019 & 2020
- Mixed boys & girls
- 8 players per team
- 4 v 4
- $135 registration fee ($170 after April 1)
- Game Days & Locations:
- Crestwood: Saturdays (9:00 a.m.) | Monday (6:00 p.m.)
- Maple Leaf Park: Thursdays (6:00 p.m.) | Saturdays (9:00 a.m.)
- Millbrook School: Tuesdays (6:00 p.m.) | Thursdays (6:00 p.m.)
- We do not require cleats for the U4 age group, however, shin guards are required.
Questions? Please check out our House League FAQ section
Registration fee for 2023 season is $135 and includes:
- MLCFC soccer ball
Division is full – registration closed
- Ball size: 3
- Format: 4 v 4(1)
- Goalkeeper: Yes
- Throw-ins from sidelines(2): No
- Move opposing team back at goal kicks (3): Yes
- Incidental Handball called (4): No
- Off-side called: No
- Slide tackles: No
- Game time:
- NEW FUN activities with a ball led by our Team Leaders! (15-20 minutes)
- Half-time break: 5 minutes
- 20 minute scrimmage/game
- Field Size: 25 to 30m by 30 to 36m OR 20 steps x 25 steps
- Net: 4′ Pop-up
(1): Number of players on the field INCLUDES the keeper
(2): U4, U6, U8 players can pass/dribble the ball in. In U12+ if a player does not throw properly, they should be allowed to retake. If an improper throw is made on the 2nd attempt, ball is turned over to the opposing team
(3): Opposing team should be moved back mid-way between the goal line and center line, 1/2 way for U6 & U8, 1/3 way for U10, U12 (retreat rule)
(4): In U4, U6, and U8 incidental handball should not be called
U4 Mixed Sponsors
Please take a moment to visit the websites of our sponsors. Without their support the house league season would not be possible.