EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE !
The club is very happy to announce that we have been successful in obtaining a $50,000.00 grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation to support our programs over the next year.
The grant is from the Community Building Fund and is intended to assist MLCFC’s efforts to restore the Club’s resilience and capacity as we return to building and sustaining our healthy & vibrant soccer community – post Covid!.
We believe there is no better way to do this than to keep our players playing which is why we have decided to allocate some of this funding to indoor training at the Millbrook Arena for the next 8 weeks from October 25 to December 16th for our Cavan FC LTPD & Competitive U10 and older teams (not to worry – we will include our LTPD U8 & U9 teams along with our Cavan FC Senior Men’s teams with some training time in the New Year !!)
As we prepare to begin our indoor training next week please make sure all of your players and parents receive this information from the Cavan Monaghan Township’s Safety Policy Re-opening Plan for the Arena:
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the designated training time
- A Screener will greet all Players and Spectators outside of the main doors of the arena to collect contact tracing information (name & phone number )
- One adult (18+) spectator per player is permitted into the arena during the program and will be required to show proof of vaccination to our Screener prior to entry.
- Players under the age of 12 are not required to be vaccinated
- Players aged 12 to 17 (effective November 26 2021 ) must be double vaccinated and are required to show proof of vaccination
- Players aged 18 and older must be double vaccinated and are required to show proof of vaccination
- One adult (18+) spectator per player is permitted into the arena during the program and will be required to show proof of vaccination to our Screener
- Players are required to wear a face covering while entering and exiting the arena (unless exempted for religious or health reasons)
- Players are not required to wear a face covering while playing.
- Spectators must wear a face covering (unless exempted for religious or health reasons) while entering, exiting and at all time while in the facility.
- Players should wear comfortable training clothes – a long sleeved shirt to be worn under their jersey and track/training pants (shorts if they are brave – it can be chilly in the arena)
- Only turf or running shoes are permitted on the turf surface **no outdoor cleats**
- Shin pads are mandatory
- Players may bring one small duffle bag and one clearly labeled water bottle into the arena.
- Players and spectators are to exit promptly when their session ends (5 minute maximum please – to allow staff to clean prior to the next session starting)
- No food or beverages will be permitted inside the facility
INDOOR TRAINING SCHEDULE
October 25 – December 16, 2021
|6:00 PM -7:00 PM||2012 Boys||U10||Greg Element|
|7:20 PM – 8:20 PM||2010 Girls||U12||Cam Loyst|
|8:40 PM-10:00 PM||2007 Girls||U15||Ashleigh Bailey|
|6:00 PM -7:00 PM||2012 Girls||U10||Matt Brown|
|7:20 PM – 8:20 PM||2011 Boys||U11||Lev Gorecki|
|8:40 PM-10:00 PM||2006 Girls||U16||Jeff Merrick|
|6:00 PM -7:00 PM||2010 Boys||U12||Greig Ashfield|
|7:20 PM – 8:20 PM||2009 Girls||U13||Enzo Tarantino|
|8:40 PM-10:00 PM||2008 Boys||U14||Ryan Richardson|
|6:00 PM -7:00 PM||2011 Girls||U11||Kevin Woollacott|
|7:20 PM – 8:20 PM||2008 Girls||U14||Liz Shaughnessy-Rowe|
|8:40 PM-10:00 PM||2006 Boys||U16||Amy Clarke|
|8:40 PM-10:00 PM||Women||SR||Liz Shaughnessy-Rowe|